Wednesday, September 19th

This will be my last posting before I leave.  I use the occasions of these long, risky trips to update and revise what I call my “final papers,” Will and things like this. It gives me peace of mind when I am on the road knowing that these things are done.

There are 11 individual documents that need to be made up and then my signature witnessed. Unfortunately, in part due to the usual Microsoft windows problems, it took longer than I expected.  Everything is packed and ready to be loaded onto the Defender and so I could still make it on the road tomorrow if I stay up late and finish the remainder of my pre-trip deskwork, but then I would not leave rested.  And now that I missed out on leaving last Sunday, I have to spend time making reservations at the first few campsites to compete with those trying to get a campsite for the weekend.
 
So, the next posting you will see will be when I am literally in the Defender ready to head northwest with Donner.
 
ED