Day 45, As It Is Happening, i-70 from Kansas to Indiana, 2pm est

Bivouac last night was absolutely wonderful, Perry Lake. Clearly, one of my favorite camps. Best night's sleep of the entire journey. A Thousand Stars in The Sky. Problem was, it wasn't a camp but a picnic area in an absolutely lovely park. I had my own lighted pavilion with an electrical outlet for a tent heater in the 37 degree temperature, but i do not have a heater, except Donner. This morning, it started to rain promptly at 7, as i figured. Then a park ranger came by in his truck, waved to me, and moved on. It does not get any better than that. Probably pitied me.

On my way to Terre Haute now. Weather has been just foul for almost 200 miles so far. See photo. Another day, another challenge. Need to decide in two hours where to bivouac tonight.