Day 49: Friday, November 9, The Journey Ends, 4:10 pm

At this exact moment, i pulled up to my home in Washington, ending an absolutely fantastic journey. Wow, to use a word i uttered so often during the last 49 days. Wow.

Two years ago, after the challenges we faced on that journey, i vowed to get me, Donner and the Defender on the road again for another journey, and we did. More important, the journey was a success because we all made it back home safely.

As i drove the last 200 miles back from West Virginia today in foul weather (heavy rain, high winds, and lots of thick fog, but no trucks or dark),i kept thinking about what made thiscp particular journey so great. The one thought that kept coming to me was not the utterly fantastic natural beauty we experienced, or tenting in incredibly beautiful places every night, or the daily challenges we faced, but the people. What great people i met on this journey. And Donner thinks the same about all the dogs he met, more than 100.

I will write up a summary of the trip in the next few days and post it here, right now, i have a lot of unloading to do.

I hope those of you who followed my blog got some vicarious joy from my trip.

Ed and Donner, who is anxious to get home.