Day 36 Message from Ed about Donner...4:20 pm

I am at the vet in Flagstaff with Donner now, 90 miles from our camp. He is in pretty bad shape. But he is in very capable hands with the vet here. Although everything was normal yesterday, he threw up four times in the tent last night, which I discovered at 2 o'clock. After cleaning it up, he threw up three more times at six block this morning, and then several more times outside, and once in the Defender. He also has a serious case of diarrhea. All those came on suddenly last night as everything was normal yesterday. It could be something that he ate without my seeing it, or it could be something he picked up by the numerous smells that he has been investigating around here, which I understand carry some infectious problems for dogs.He may have to be put on some IVs, which means I will probably have to stay here in a motel in Flagstaff tonight because I am too tired and it will be too dark to drive back the empty, narrow, animal crossing 90-mile highway back to the camp tonight.

Another challenge in search of a solution.

I will probably try to extend my stay at the Grand Canyon camp for two more days to make sure that Donner is well before we move on, and perhaps see more of the Grand Canyon than what I saw last night. But if what I saw last night is all i get to see, so be it, there's always another road trip. I know my priorities, and after my own health, Donner comes next.

Ed, from Canyon Pet Hospital in Flagstaff Arizona.